Enadoc 365 is currently available for Office 365 account users and Outlook.com (latest Hotmail.com, live.com, MSN.com and Passport.com) account users.
Using Enadoc 365 – Document Scanner, users can browse and scan for single or multiple-page documents and attach them directly to Outlook. Also, the Enadoc 365 iOS app can be installed to your iPhone to capture and attach files right away to Outlook with the help of the Enadoc 365 Add-in.
| How to get started with Enadoc 365 Add-in
- Log in to your Office 365 account or Outlook.com account.
- Download and install Enadoc 365 add-in from the Office Store.
- You will get three options to attach documents to your email:
- Browse documents from your local machine and attach them to your email with smart tags.
- Install the Enadoc 365 Scanner Connect and use your local scanner to scan and attach documents.
- Use your iPhone to capture and attach documents using the Enadoc 365 mobile app.
- To use your iPhone for capturing and attaching documents to emails, download and install the Enadoc 365 from the app store.
When your mobile app is opened, it will be indicated by the green color icon beside the mobile icon in the add-in with the status "Ready for Capture".
- Once the capture process is done, you can proceed attaching your documents to your Office 365/Outlook email through your iPhone.
Note: Mac OS users can only use the iOS mobile app to capture and attach documents.
- Check for the TWAIN drivers before using the add-in. (Why? See FAQ no. 3)
| How to attach documents to an Outlook/Office 365 Email using the Browse option
- Click your local drive from the welcome screen.
- Select the required document from your local drive.
- Click Open.
- Your document will be attached to the email.
| How to attach PDF documents to an Outlook/Office 365 Email using the Scan option
- Click your scanner from the welcome screen.
- Connect the scanner, and wait until add-in detects it.
Bring cursor over the predefined preset and click Scan or create a new preset with the required settings and then click scan to start scanning.
- After scanning the documents, tick on the "Save to destination folder", if you want to keep a copy of the document to a local folder.
- Click Attach to add the document to the Outlook email.
| How to add more pages to the attachment at once
- If you need to add more pages to the same set after scanning, click "Add new page".
- Click Attach to add the full document to the Outlook/Outlook 365 email.
| How to create a new preset
- Click Add new preset.
- Give a name to your preset
- Select Color (Black & White, Color, Grayscale), resolution (100dpi, 150dpi, 200dpi, 300dpi) and size (A4, A5) according to your preference.
- Click Save Preset to save changes.
| How to Edit or Delete existing presets
- Click on a preset, the Edit and Delete icons will be visible on left and right side of the selected preset respectively.
Click on the action you want to preform.
Perform the action and then click Save to apply the changes.
| How to save the local copy of the document
- Click Settings beside the gear icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- By default, there will be a folder path directing to Enadoc 365 folder in My document.
- If not, you can select a desired folder by browsing the folder path from the settings.
- Click save to save changes.
Note: A default folder "Enadoc 365" will be created in 'C drive' once you selected the Save to destination folder option. A copy of the attached file will then be saved to the Enadoc 365 folder.
| How to get Smart Tags for your browsed/scanned and captured documents
- Enable Smart Tag Generation from settings menu.
- Upon attaching the browsed/scanned or captured documents, Organization, Location and Person names will be extracted and displayed as smart tags in the mail body.
| How to use your iPhone to capture and attach documents using the mobile app
- Install Enadoc 365 app from the App store.
- Open the App.
- Tap the ‘Capture’ button to capture the document/s or tap on the image icon at the bottom left corner of the capture screen to browse images from your local gallery.
- Use the Crop icon to crop the document/s.
Use Edit icon to change the document color (Color/Grayscale/Black and white).
Tap Send and select the preferred option to send captured documents.
If you want to send your captured documents via your Office 365/Outlook email:
- Select "Attach via Outlook add-in" and enter your email address and tap Add.
- Attach the captured documents as PDF file or Images to your Office 365/Outlook email simply by selecting your added email address. Make sure that your Enadoc 365 add-in is opened in your Office 365/Outlook email.
If you select "Send via email", the captured images will send through your configured email in the mobile. If you select "Upload to My Workspace" the captured images will send to Enadoc My workspace. Enadoc configurations can be done from Settings page or "Actions".
- Push notifications will be sent to your phone to inform you about the status of the capture process after you clicked “Capture using your iPhone” in Enadoc 365 add-in.
- Copies of the captured document will NOT be saved in your Camera Roll.
Back up of your captured documents can be sent to Enadoc My Workspace while attaching via Office 365/Outlook email or send via email.
| Frequently Asked Questions
Which versions of Microsoft Outlook supports Enadoc 365?
Enadoc 365 is currently available for Office 365 account users and Outlook.com(Hotmail.com, live.com, MSN.com and Passport.com) account users, using Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016 and Outlook online.
What if I cannot find the Enadoc 365 add-in in the Office store?
- Log in to your Outlook account, click the File menu and then the Manage Add-ins option (on Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016), or click on the gear icon located at the top right and select Manage Add-ins (for Outlook Web App or Outlook.com).
- In the Manage Apps/Add-ins page, click the + (plus sign), then select Add from the Office Store.
- Select the add-in you want to install and then click Add to begin installation.
Why the add-in cannot detect my scanner?
Check if you have installed TWAIN drivers in your PC since Enadoc 365 only works with TWAIN driver-supported scanners.
What is a TWAIN driver?
TWAIN is a widely-used program that lets you scan an image directly into the application where you want to work with the image.
Is there any limit for scanning pages?
None, there is no any limit for the pages. You can scan as many pages as you want.
Can I delete predefined presets?
Yes, you can delete the predefined presets but you can’t delete the default preset. If you want to delete the current default preset, create another preset, set it as the default and delete the existing one.
Can Windows users utilize the iOS mobile app?
Yes, Windows users can use the iOS mobile app, Scan and the Browse features for attaching documents to the email.